Apollo's REAL Father... Revealed?

Anything that isn't for the musical, but still related to our beloved Ace Attornies.

Re: Apollo's REAL Father... Revealed?

Postby SharpCookies » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:37 am

Everything about this theory makes me lawl and scared crapless in many, many ways.

LAWL.
My avatar needed a little more HUNK in it.

SharpCookies
Ace Attorney

Postby Diana » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Theory update GET!

How DID Gant afford that organ, anyway? Most police chiefs don't have a salary high enough to facilitate something like that. According to Google, the average is about $61,000 per year. Not really enough for something so extravagant, I'd think.

Though, being a well-paid professional organist might have had something to do with it.
ImageImageImageImage
Diana
Master of Necessary Evil

Postby HoboHodo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:37 pm

My brain just imploded on an overdose of awesomeness. I need to sit down.

Heck, if that isn't what is going on, the writers will read this and make it true. I'm in the middle of playing AAI and I can see alot of fan influence. Kay calls Gumshoe Gummy, which has only been said by fans before this game. Edgeworth is a raging steel samurai fan in this, showing several references and spazouts in the game, which started from fans blowing the line "I'm a big fan of your work, Mr. Powers" waaaay out of proportion. I know there was something else, but I cant think of it right now :/

Either way, you are amazing Pleady. Either that or really crazy. Either way, Ill be looking out to see if you published any government conspiracy theory books ;)
~When something smells, its usualy the Butz singing
HoboHodo
Defendant

Postby Yunglex313 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:56 am

This is taken from my gamefaqs post in the thread that link GF users here.

"OBJECTION!

*SPOILERS OF PW1-5*

That thread says that Gant had no motive for wanting to kill Niel Marshall. But evidence of of case 1-5 clearly contradicts that statement. As you all you know, Gant was able to manipulate Lana because the crime scene when she came made it look like Ema Skye had pushed Niel Marshall to his death by sword to the back through his lung and heart. In truth, Ema had knocked Marshall away thinking he was Joe Darke, effectively leaving Ema's finger prints on Marshall's shirt. Marshall was knocked out, and Darke and Ema passed out. Damon Gant as we all know entered the crime scene first, cut the piece of cloth with Ema's prints from Marshall's shirt and slammed the Prosecutor in to the Knight w/ Sword, and when Lana entered he had already made the crime scene look like Ema accidently killed Marshall.

While he had no motive, if Gant hadn't killed Marshall, he couldn't make it look like Ema did it. If he had killed Darke who Ema had originally thought she pushed, Marshall would still be alive to disprove this, plus Ema's fingerprints would still be on Marshall's clothes, leaving a strange hole in the events of Darke's death. This would lead us to one question. Who killed Joe Darke? It would have already been disproven it was Ema, so the only two people who could have done so would be either Gant or Lana.

While if SL-9 still has no relevance to Gant and Marshall being involved with Thalassa Gramarye, it could still mean Gant and Apollo Justice are in fact related, all I did was disprove that Gant had reason to kill Marshall before SL-9. Putting Joe Darke to his death and cleaning up SL-9 only served to speed up Damon Gant's promotion to Chief of Police, where he would then move Lana into Chief Prosecutor's position, giving him control of prosecutors and the cops.

While I did disprove this fact before anyone else thought about it while their minds were still being blown, it would still be badass if Apollo was in fact Gant's son. Every other piece of Evidence I've seen so far(I only read parts one and two) does state the connection between Gant and Justice. But would the writers really create Apollo's character with all of that information in mind? They are good as this series shows but are they REALLY that damn good?"

Again I'm not disproving this theory, just Neil Marshall's involvement in the Thallasa Gramarye's deportment from the country.
Yunglex313
Witness

Postby Pleading Eyes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Ooh fun! I'm so excited that our silly little joke theory got on gamefaqs. Haha. I'm no lawyer, but let's see what I can do.

REBUTTAL!

Yunglex313 wrote:That thread says that Gant had no motive for wanting to kill Niel Marshall. But evidence of of case 1-5 clearly contradicts that statement. As you all you know, Gant was able to manipulate Lana because the crime scene when she came made it look like Ema Skye had pushed Niel Marshall to his death by sword to the back through his lung and heart. In truth, Ema had knocked Marshall away thinking he was Joe Darke, effectively leaving Ema's finger prints on Marshall's shirt. Marshall was knocked out, and Darke and Ema passed out. Damon Gant as we all know entered the crime scene first, cut the piece of cloth with Ema's prints from Marshall's shirt and slammed the Prosecutor in to the Knight w/ Sword, and when Lana entered he had already made the crime scene look like Ema accidently killed Marshall.

But as the theory states, what motive did Gant have to control Lana at this point in time? She was his equal as far as authority went.

He had no reason to control Lana whatsoever, unless he worried she might uncover some secret *he* was already hiding and needed a way to keep her quiet. After that, he was able to use her to control the prosecutor's office as well. Killed two birds with one stone.

Yunglex313 wrote:While he had no motive, if Gant hadn't killed Marshall, he couldn't make it look like Ema did it. If he had killed Darke who Ema had originally thought she pushed, Marshall would still be alive to disprove this, plus Ema's fingerprints would still be on Marshall's clothes, leaving a strange hole in the events of Darke's death. This would lead us to one question. Who killed Joe Darke? It would have already been disproven it was Ema, so the only two people who could have done so would be either Gant or Lana.

But why even bother killing Darke? Again, Gant had no reason to kill anyone. The fact that Darke had attempted to kill Ema, and that Neil had to fight him off, was proof ENOUGH to get Darke convicted. No need for such an elaborate scheme. Clearly, there were hidden motives.

Yunglex313 wrote:While if SL-9 still has no relevance to Gant and Marshall being involved with Thalassa Gramarye, it could still mean Gant and Apollo Justice are in fact related, all I did was disprove that Gant had reason to kill Marshall before SL-9. Putting Joe Darke to his death and cleaning up SL-9 only served to speed up Damon Gant's promotion to Chief of Police, where he would then move Lana into Chief Prosecutor's position, giving him control of prosecutors and the cops.

See that's the thing, Gant could have had Darke convicted without killing Neil and still gotten his promotion. And at that point Lana was not Chief Prosecutor, she was just a detective like him. They were on equal grounds and he had no reason to control her *yet*. Unless, of course, it was to keep her and the prosecutor's office from sticking their noses in his past with the Gramaryes.

Yunglex313 wrote:While I did disprove this fact before anyone else thought about it while their minds were still being blown, it would still be badass if Apollo was in fact Gant's son. Every other piece of Evidence I've seen so far(I only read parts one and two) does state the connection between Gant and Justice. But would the writers really create Apollo's character with all of that information in mind? They are good as this series shows but are they REALLY that damn good?"

Again I'm not disproving this theory, just Neil Marshall's involvement in the Thallasa Gramarye's deportment from the country.

Well that was fun, and I loved reading your thoughts! I still don't think this disproves Neil or SL-9's connection to Thalassa.

As far as the English names not counting because they don't have the same connection in the Japanese names, who's to say? Maybe the English localization team knew of the twist in advance and named him accordingly.

Nonetheless, it would still be an amazing twist, wouldn't it?
Sig by Shawni!
ImageImageImage
I know who Apollo's father is, and I have evidence...
Join in on GS5.
Pleading Eyes
Project Head

Location: Los Angeles Prosecutor's Office (Is Mr. Edgeworth in today?)

Postby Yunglex313 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Oh Yeah it certainly would be. Plus the push in popularity Apollo would get would make him the most liked character in the series just for the fact that he was the son of probably the most badass villain in the series.
Yunglex313
Witness

Postby Pleading Eyes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Yunglex313 wrote:Oh Yeah it certainly would be. Plus the push in popularity Apollo would get would make him the most liked character in the series just for the fact that he was the son of probably the most badass villain in the series.

Oh yes! It'd be a sure way to shake off this negative feeling the fanbase seems to have towards the poor guy. Aww, Polly, it's okay. Maybe if you had a sociopathic biological father, THEN everyone would like you!

It worked for Edgeworth with von Karma, right?
Sig by Shawni!
ImageImageImage
Join in on GS5.
Pleading Eyes
Project Head

Postby Yunglex313 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Also the Japanese names connection has been noted on GFs, Gant's japanese name was Zeus and as you stated, Thalassa was a greek goddess of water, but as for japan, Gant had a love for swimming, and Thalassa's Jap. name was Yuumi, the japanese word for Ocean if I remember. While there still is no connection to Apollo's japanese name, there is one between the parents. Also Apollo was god of the sun, light, AND Justice, hence Apollo's last name pun, also noted on GFs.

And about why Gant would want to kill Darke. Had Marshall not died, Ema might not have pushed the fact that she pushed "someone" away to stop someone from getting stabbed. The picture of someone about to get stabbed in the dark she'd seen during a lightning strike was burned into her memory and after that strike she pushed someone away. That someone was in fact Neil Marshall, and after ward all three people in the room had been knocked out one way or another. Under oath she would have to testify to that in court.

When Gant entered the room, he could have put Darke on the knight's sword and it would still seem like Ema had pushed Darke because thats what she assumed. This would give Gant something to hold over Lana's head still. Now with Marshall alive rather than dead he could testify to clear Ema because she had pushed him an not Darke, meaning someone had did the deed after he was knocked out.

Then again, I can't find anymore contradictions. I still doubt that Gant had an ulterior motive to kill Marshall but I can't say why. Alas, I have been defeated. Maybe with my thoughts someone else can keep their brains from imploding or recover from the shock long enough to bring some more information to light. But I still gotta say, are the writers really that damn good that they can plan Apollo's character development, while still working on the story for PW1-5 and link Apollo to Gant? I will say that the Japanese writers may have gotten idea when developing Gant and co. for the DS version and stashed it away until all three original GS games were localized under the PW title and pulled it out again for Apollo Justice, but really, are they THAT damn good?
Yunglex313
Witness

Postby Pleading Eyes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Yunglex313 wrote:And about why Gant would want to kill Darke. Had Marshall not died, Ema might not have pushed the fact that she pushed "someone" away to stop someone from getting stabbed. The picture of someone about to get stabbed in the dark she'd seen during a lightning strike was burned into her memory and after that strike she pushed someone away. That someone was in fact Neil Marshall, and after ward all three people in the room had been knocked out one way or another. Under oath she would have to testify to that in court.

When Gant entered the room, he could have put Darke on the knight's sword and it would still seem like Ema had pushed Darke because thats what she assumed. This would give Gant something to hold over Lana's head still. Now with Marshall alive rather than dead he could testify to clear Ema because she had pushed him an not Darke, meaning someone had did the deed after he was knocked out.

See, that's just it. *WHY* need Ema to testify this way in court? Why need something to hold over Lana's head at all? At that point she wasn't Chief prosecutor yet, she was a detective just like him. Why control someone of equal power? That's where Gant's whole plan stops making sense. It seemed like an unnecessary step unless he had another reason to 1. Want Neil dead and 2. Control Lana and keep her nose out of his business.

Yunglex313 wrote:Then again, I can't find anymore contradictions. I still doubt that Gant had an ulterior motive to kill Marshall but I can't say why. Alas, I have been defeated. Maybe with my thoughts someone else can keep their brains from imploding or recover from the shock long enough to bring some more information to light. But I still gotta say, are the writers really that damn good that they can plan Apollo's character development, while still working on the story for PW1-5 and link Apollo to Gant? I will say that the Japanese writers may have gotten idea when developing Gant and co. for the DS version and stashed it away until all three original GS games were localized under the PW title and pulled it out again for Apollo Justice, but really, are they THAT damn good?

I think that's the real question: Just how much foresight do the writers really have? If not, maybe Apollo's whole story was tacked onto Gant later, just like adult Ema was designed afterward, even if they hadn't planned to use her as a future detective in 1-5.

Or even more interesting, what if the writers heard of this theory and decided to use it after the fact? They've been known to work in ideas from the fandom before.

Ah, Capcom. How I love thee <3
Sig by Shawni!
ImageImageImage
Join in on GS5.
Pleading Eyes
Project Head

Postby Yunglex313 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 pm

I guess we won't know until the next game, I suggest you email your theory to Capcom, I'm sure everyone who's seen will make sure to spread it through out the internet and outside in real life. I know a few guys who would be intrigued by this a lot.
Yunglex313
Witness

PreviousNext

Return to Ace Attorney Discussion